Parkersburg Area 2017 Hamfest
- Date: October 14, 2017
- Time: 8:00AM till 2:00PM
- Location: Wood County 4-H Fairgrounds, Mineral Wells, WV. (2230 Butcher Bend Rd.)
- Admission: Adults $5.00 Children under 12 free.
Bonus Admittance Ticket, plus 8 Extra Tickets - $10.00 (Increase your chances for the main prize).
- Door Prize Drawings every 5 minutes, from 9:00am to 11:45am. (NEED to be present to win) Door Prizes held until 11:50am. Unclaimed Door Prizes will be redrawn at 11:50am until winner/s come forward to accept the prize/s. Door Prizes to be announced and displayed.
- Extra Drawing Tickets $1.00 each, or 6 for $5.00, 15 for $10.00, 30 for $15.00, 45 for $20.00, 60 for $25.00,
75 for $30.00, 100 for $35.00. Registration and Extra Tickets sold until 11:45am.
- Breakfast, Snacks, and Drinks available starting at 6:30am
- FREE Coffee all day
- FREE outdoor parking and Flea Market
- Indoor Tables are FREE to All Commercial Vendors.
- Non-Commercial Vendors must register at least one week in advance for FREE indoor tables, otherwise tables will be $5.00 each at the door.
- WSYI Amateur Radio License VE Testing at 9:00am, registration starts at 8:00am.
- Alan Carpenter, W8OP will be checking ARRL awards; W.A.S. / V.U.C.C. / W.A.C. and DXCC cards/applications on site from 9 am till 11 am.
- FREE Electrical Hookup
- Main Prizes: (you don't have to be present to win) drawing at 12:00.
- Door Prizes:(you must be present to win - prizes are subject to change) every 5 minutes, from 9:00am to 11:45am.
- 50/50 drawing available at the door
- Mobile Check-in Prize Announced at 11:00
- 6:30 - Breakfast in the basement -
Biscuits and Gravy with free Coffee
- 7:00 - Open for tailgaters and vendor to set-up inside building (Vendors may set-up on Friday evening after 5:00PM with FREE overnite parking)
- 8:00 - Doors open for everyone
W5YI testing Registration (test at 9:00)
- Free Coffee is ready (did we say that before)?
- 9:00 - 11:45 door prize drawings every 5 minutes (must be present to win)
- 9:00 - 11:00 W8OP will be checking W.A.S. / V.U.C.C. / W.A.C. and DXCC cards/applications on site.
- 9:00 - W5YI testing, walk-ins welcome, registration starts at 8:00am
- 11:00 Mobile Check-in prize drawing (need to be present to win)
- 12:00 - Grand Prize Drawing (do not need to be present to win)
- 12:30 - Last 50/50 Drawing announcment.
- 2:00 - Doors close
To speed up purchase of extra tickets download a hamfest registration form fill it out and bring it
The Hamfest Committee
Ken Harris WA8LLM
Phone: (304) 679-3470
Gas Price Information
Ken Harris WA8LLM
P.O. Box 3328 Parkersburg, WV 26103
Terry Mills KC8TUE
Talk in Frequency
147.255 pl 131.8
Wood County 4-H Fairgrounds
2230 Butcher Bend Road
Mineral Wells, WV 26150
View Larger Map
N 39.11.360 W 081.27.806
Registration for prizes
Fill out one registration form for each hamfest visitor. Present registration at door to speed up purchase of tickets for the drawings.
No need to write you name on the tickets, Simply put you assigned ticket number on the back of every ticket placed in the tumbler.
When we pull a number, we already know who has won.
Download the Registration Form
(Prizes are subject to change)
To Be Announced.